The remuneration of two actors Song Hye Kyo and Jeon Ji Hyun exceeded 200 million won ($169,000) per episode, the highest among female stars.
According to Newsen, actress Song Hye Kyo’s salary in Now, I’m Breaking Up is 200 million won per episode. Before that, in 2018, when playing “Encouter” of TvN, the actress received 100 million won per episode. In three years, Song Hye Kyo’s salary doubled. Jeon Ji Hyun’s salary in Jirisan is also more than 200 million won per episode.
This is a record salary in the Korean artist world. The actress has not participated in any drama since “Legend of the Blue Sea” in 2016. Like Song Hye Kyo, Jeon Ji Hyun’s salary increased exponentially, because before that, the actress was paid approx. more than 100 million won (about 84,000 USD) an episode, to play the mermaid in the movie “Legend of the Blue Sea”.
- Beating Song Hye Kyo and Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Young Ae was chosen as the actress of the year
- Song Hye Kyo Unveils Fiancé’s Identity in First Appearance After Engagement Rumors.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo recently surprised fans with a heartwarming reunion.
- Song Joong Ki Reveals Insights About His Son and Parenting Journey.
- The Emotional Moment When Song Hye Kyo Couldn’t Stop Crying at an Event.
The salary information of the two actresses was revealed, causing a stir in the Korean entertainment world. Some commented that this is unfair to young artists, who only receive a much more modest salary when joining a film crew, because most of the salary budget is divided among the main stars. Meanwhile, others think that looking at this salary, it can be seen that female stars are discriminated against more than male stars. An audience member pointed out that the salary of actor Kim So Hyun in One Day (in 2021) is more than 500 million won for an episode. Song Hye Kyo and Jeon Ji Hyun are both big stars of Korean showbiz.