As one of the largest media platforms globally, Youtube attracts a large number of K-Pop artists to participate in promoting by creating channels and posting their music products. With the policy of paying content creators, Youtube also becomes another source of income for idols.
Recently, Forbes magazine has released a list of the 10 highest paying K-Pop YouTube channels based on data collected this year. As the most popular group in the world right now, it’s no surprise that BTS’s Youtube channel Bangtan TV leads the list with a total income of 16.5 million USD. Second on the list is YG Entertainment’s girl group BLACKPINK, with $11.6 million. The number BLACKPINK earns from Youtube is about 6 times that of the group in third place NCT Dream. Fourth place on the list belongs to Seventeen’s boy group with $1.7 million. Three stars Bambam (GOT7), MAMAMOO, and EXO all have the same income of 1.5 million USD from Youtube. IU comes in at number eight with $1.4 million. Rookie aespa, although just debuted not long ago, has surpassed the top names to occupy the ninth position on the list with $ 1.2 million earned from Youtube. The “closer” for this list is the junior in the same house as BTS – the boy band TXT.
- Top 21 best MVs of 2021: BTS, Blackpink appear, TWICE is absent
- TWICE surprised when surpassing Blackpink, BTS in Billboard’s chart.
- Full results of MAMA 2021: BTS wins big, aespa, Blackpink, TWICE have prizes
- International achievements of BTS, Blackpink, TWICE: A group that is far ahead of the competition.
- Blackpink, BTS dominate the MV with the most premieres: Who stands out more?